Ads Following You Around?
Now Search Ads Will Too!
Remarketing has proven to be a powerful way to stay engaged with audiences who have already engaged with your brand. Remarketing presents them with highly relevant ads and offers across the Web — making sure your brand is top-of-mind when they’re ready to buy –- and radically improving your ROI.
Optimize Your Conversion Rates With Remarketing Campaigns
Ecommerce transactions conversion rate in above chart September 2015
Google has been beta testing RLSA campaigns since 2013 and they have already rolled out this remarketing campaign tactic for most but not all industries. RLSA works but serving your ad to a visitor who has left your site and back on Google’s search engine as “they do follow-up searches for what they need on Google” (Source). We have seen our RLSA conversion rates in the 20 – 60% range.
With more advanced retargeting strategies, your business can achieve even higher conversions by combining other targeting methods, such as interest categories, demographics, or keyword campaigns.
For example: if you wanted to target visitors who have made a purchase from one of your luxury fashion brands on your ecommerce site, you could target only the women between the ages of 18-24 who previously made a purchase. Then present them with a special offer that is tailored to that specific demographic.
- Standard remarketing: the most commons strategy that causes ads to follow you around. This type of remarketing show ads to your past website visitors as they browse Display Network websites and use Display Network apps.
- Dynamic remarketing: using Google Analytics, you can create dynamic ads to past visitors based on the products and services they showed interest in as they browse Display Network websites and even Display Network apps.
- Remarketing for mobile apps: Show ads only to people who have used your mobile app or can be targeted to your mobile website as they use other mobile apps or browse other mobile websites.
- Remarketing lists for search ads: RLSA campaigns work only on the search network and not display and show ads to your past visitors as they do follow-up searches for keywords that you have targeted and that are relevant to your brand.
- Video remarketing: is very powerful and will show ads to people who have interacted with your videos or YouTube channel as they watch other videos on YouTube and browse the internet.
Remarketing works best when you have Google Analytics linked to your Adwords campaign with all advanced settings enabled and tracking all conversion points. It is best to setup custom segments, by narrowing your audience and creating a relevant and compelling offer. Analytics will tell you who is the best target and who is not. Remarketing should not include all visitors to your site. Remarketing is designed to be precision targeting and requires deep data analysis to get your conversion rates in the double digits.